The Usual Suspects
Devonir is abnormally tall for a half-elf, standing 6’-3”, and is very skinny. He has a mop of jet black hair that covers his ears, is always clean shaven. His deep set green eyes look almost black against his pale skin. He has immaculate posture.
Devonir is the offspring of a human undertaker and his elven wire. He was raised to follow in his fathers footsteps and carry on the undertaker traditions. At the age of 16, he was inducted as an apprentice and began to learn the secrets behind the ‘trade’. At the age of 21, his apprenticeship ended, he was sent from home to learn of the world and of himself. It is expected that he will spend the following years learning and reflecting upon his chosen way, before finally settling down as the undertaker of a community in need of one. Devonir hopes to one day discover/develop a death-rite specifically for half-elves, as he believes that an independant culture must start with a independent death-rite.
Devonir is generally outgoing and friendly. He’s young, but seems wiser than his years, especially when it comes to comforting those who have experienced great loss. He likes being out and about, being around people, being seen, and giving advice. He’s cautious and patient when adventuring, except when confronted with undead or those who would desecrate the dead, when he throws himself forward with little regard for the consequences.
Undertakers are note just workmen or grave-diggers, but a specialized sect of worshipers of the Raven Queen. They are there to ease the transition between life and death, and have been granted powers to do so. However, the powers are just tools, and a true undertaker must be world-wise to apply his trade appropriately. There is a friction between the Undertakers and the Queen though. While the undertakers ease the transition through death, they have to also take care of the living affected by it. Therefore, most become pacifists, taking sentient life only when it is unavoidable. Most also will practice the healing arts when required, as Death is to come naturally, not by the end of a sword or evil-instigated claw.
- Most likely will take the pacifist healer route at Paragon.
- Would like to discuss taking the Avatar of Life at Epic, even though it’s outside of the normal.
Magic Item Wishlist:OMG WANT!
- 15 – Neck – Periapt of Cascading HEalth – Power(Encounter)=Minor Action, end one save-end condition
- 18 – Waist – Phoenix Sash – Auto surge on death, but dazed
- 15 – Armor – Armor of Shared Valor – Property – When I grant defense bonus, I get it as well
- 14 – Head – Pennant Helm – Daily, I spend surge for 0hp, each ally I see can spend surge.
- 14 – Symbol – Symbol of Holy Nimbus +3 – Property, Use healing word, allys get temp hp=cha+enh
- 12 – Hands – Gloves of the Healer – Property, healing keyword gets +1d6, Daily, I surge, hp to ally
- 17 – Arms – Bracers of Defense – Daily=Reduce melee damage by 20 Arms
- 16 – Feet – Survivors Boots – Property=When bloody don’t provoke opportunity attacks Feet
- 14 Armor Tombforged Armor – Property, Resist 10 necro; Daily, I spend surge, ally get’s hp.
- 4/9/14 Weapon Medic Mace – Property – When use CD, ally gets hp=cha+enhancement
- 14 Head Golden Crown of Battle Command – +2 atk/dmg when grant basic melee to Thorfin
- 4/9/14 Neck Medic Amulet – Property, When use heal, target can make saving throw
- 4/9/14 Neck Healers Brooch – Property, add brooch + to heals
- 14 Neck Timeless Locket – Daily, Use Minor to take standard action
- 16 Waist Baldric of time – Property, on a 20 initiative roll get 2 standard actions first turn
- 18 Waist Cord of Foresight – Get temp hp at start of day for 1 surge
- 18 Waist Phoenix Sash – Auto surge on death, but dazed
- 15 Ring Ring of Freedom of Movement
- 15 Symbol Champion’s symbol – Propery=Dominated on Crit. Daily=Dominate on radiant hit
- 17 Arms Bracers of Defense – Daily=Reduce melee damage by 20
- 16 Feet Boots of withdrawal – Property=If bloody and make no attacks, get +4 speed/AC/Reflex
- 18 Head Coif of Mindiron – Power(Encounter)=Prevent Dazed/Stunned
- 16 Hands Gloves of Accuracy – Power-AtWill=MinorAction, ranged attacks ignore cover
Ritual Wish List:
- 3 – Battlefield Elocution
- 4 – Delay Affliction
- 6 – Cure Disease
- 6 – Speak with the Dead
Devonir, level 8
Devonir, level 8 Half-Elf, Cleric FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 8, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 19, Cha 19. STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 8, Con 12, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 15. AC: 22 Fort: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 21 HP: 61 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 15 TRAINED SKILLS Religion +9, History +9, Heal +15, Arcana +9 UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +3, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +5, Insight +10, Intimidate +8, Nature +8, Perception +8, Stealth +3, Streetwise +8, Thievery +3, Athletics +2 FEATS Cleric: Ritual Caster Cleric: Channel Divinity Cleric: Healer's Lore Level 1: Implement Expertise (holy symbol) Level 2: Improved Initiative Level 4: Defensive Healing Word Level 6: Restful Healing Level 8: Pacifist Healer POWERS Cleric at-will 1: Sacred Flame Cleric at-will 1: Astral Seal Dilettante: Commander's Strike (Warlord) Cleric Encounter Class: Channel Divinity - Turn Undead Cleric Encounter Class: Healing Word Cleric Encounter Class: Channel Divinity - Divine Fortune Cleric Encounter 1: Bane Cleric Daily 1: Moment of Glory Cleric utility 2: Sanctuary Cleric Encounter 3: Astral Flare Cleric daily 5: Spiritual Weapon Cleric utility 6: Bastion of Health Cleric Encounter 7: Denunciation ITEMS Ritual Book, Alchemical Reagents (Arcana) (50), Mystic Salves (Heal) (50), Dragon Statue, Adventurer's Kit, Mace, Crossbow, Symbol of Perserverance +2, Reading Spectacles (heroic tier), Goggles of Aura Sight (heroic tier), Potion of Healing (heroic tier), Riding Horse, Chainmail of Resistance +2, Cloak of the Chirurgeon +1, Diamond Bracers (heroic tier) RITUALS Gentle Repose, Make Whole, Enchant Magic Item, Disenchant Magic Item, Transfer Enchantment (2)